2005-06-17

Samsung i730

Well, since I am in the market for both a new phone and a new PDA, I have been looking for a device that is both. Mostly because I want to be carrying only one device instead of two. I want something with Bluetooth and WI-FI. I would absolutely love a 480x640 screen, but no one makes one with a phone yet. Unfortunately my life depends on Windows, so I have been looking into the PocketPC's.

I found a great little phone, the Samsung i703. Rumor has it that it is going to be released July 7 from Verizon, my current carrier. It has a 530 MHz processor, 128MB internal memory, and is TINY for a PocketPC.

For those of you who think I am beginning to sound like an AD, there is a dark side to this phone of otherwise pure good. Please understand that these are only rumors, but I don't like what I hear. Samsung designed the phone with 802.11b, and a new wide-area network called EV-DO. Great news? I thought so too, but then the rumor hit that Verizon has required Samsung to disable the WI-FI in order to promote the EV-DO. I specifically asked Verizon about this but got no reply. IF this ends up being true, I am going to Cingular and get an SX66, which doesn't look all that bad either. Otherwise, I can't wait to get my hands on one of these i730's.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home